Monday 29 June 2015

Hello from New Caledonia (Nouvelle Caledonie) in the South Pacific.

Hi friends!

I promised on Lexa Cain's Summer bloghop that I was heading north-east to New Caledonia and here I am. Arrived a few days ago now and as travel always is to me, it's a blast.


Here's some of the highlights so far...paddling in the Baie de Citron, and lovely locals at the Noumea Markets which take place 6 days a week. I'm down there for my banana and chocolate crepe for breakfast every morning. It's a carb-fuelled country.Thankfully I'm walking well over my 10,000 steps, hahahaha!




A very important motivation for this trip was to brush up on my French. So much easier when everyone around you is speaking the language. But after being here a few days I'm exhausted from speaking in a foreign language, as practically no one speaks English! Gulp!



Hope you enjoyed your virtual trip to this wonderful island in the Pacific Ocean.

You may have heard on the blog-vine, that Write...Edit...Publish is starting up again. The lovely Yolanda Renee is helping me get it off the ground. Big announcement today on the WEP website. I hope you'll join us for at least some of the challenges as we have some great prompts coming up.


19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you are having a good time! Ready to help you launch Write Edit Publish back into the world.

D.G. Hudson said...

Hope you have a trip to remember, Denise! Such an exotic location and yummy crepes too!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Wow, what kind of roots are those? They're huge.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Denise,

Happy to hear you're enjoying yourself.... HOW COULD YOU NOT! I get to look at fog, clouds, and rain once again today. Not that lovely azure water and powdery beach.

The locals look so sweet. Great that you are using your French. The only way to keep in sharp!

Congrats to YOU and YOLANDA for reviving the WEP....

Hopping over there now.

Yolanda Renée said...

As I said on FB, no need to tell you to have a good time - looks like it's happening!
Wonderful pictures!
The WEP announcement is well received, everyone is looking forward to the first challenge - me too!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Denise .. sounds amazing and good for you for practising your French - but it is exhausting isn't it .. perhaps that's why I've never learnt another language! Cheers and just enjoy each and every moment ... it looks gorgeous - Hilary

Anne R. Allen said...

Paradise AND banana and chocolate crepes for breakfast. Sounds like you're having a fabulous vacation!

H. R. Sinclair said...

Paddling on the Baie de Citron sounds and looks delightful! Glad you're having a good time.

Denise Covey said...

Michael I hope the weather improves soon. It's winter here in the South but still warm!

Denise Covey said...

Thanks so much Alex!

Denise Covey said...

Just too good D G!

Denise Covey said...

Taro on the right and ignames on the left Diane.

Jo said...

Yeah, I like the sound of those crèpes. Sounds like a delightful place for a vacation. Lucky you. Good luck with W.E.P.

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Jo for your support.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I'd love to be there right now... the chilly weather has descended on Sydney!!

Denise Covey said...

Just saw that on CNN--16deg max! It's 16deg min here!

Rhonda Albom said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun. Well done on still hitting 10K steps everyday.

Denise Covey said...

Thanks Rhonda. Not hard to do!

TBM said...

It's been ages since I studied French so I would be in trouble. Lovely place.